Caico Week 4

Monday, September 1, 2014

I´ve almost been in my first area for a month! Things are continuing to go well and I feel like I´ve gotten pretty well adjusted to life here.
One of the highlights of this week was going to a chorrasco (barbecue) at the Bishop´s house. Chorrasco is a big deal here- there are lots of street venders that sell it.
Well it´s getting to the time of year in Utah when the weather gets really nice. Unfortunately I don´t think that will happen here, ever. That´s not true actually because the weather is very nice during the evenings and nights. There´s always a nice cool breeze at night. But I like the heat just fine. Occasionally it will be overcast during the day. One time I even felt a few raindrops, but that was it.
We´ve still been having a hard time finding success in the neighborhoods we work in. We had a baptism of a 15-year-old boy planned for yesterday but it ended up falling through. I think the best thing we can do is work with the members. The best investigators we´ve had so far have been references from members. I think I say this in every email, but the members here are great! One thing I do to try to get to know the members is learn names. Even though I can´t communicate very well, if I learn someone´s name, I think it means a lot to them.
English class is still going well! There are about 10 students that come every time, and sometimes they bring friends.
I love serving in the ward I´m in, and I hope I get to stay in this area for a while.

Love you, family! Have a great week!

Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment