Natal Week 1

Monday, September 22, 2014

Elder Delgado

The area i´m in is called Nova Natal. It´s in the north part of Natal. The name of the ward we´re in is Nova Natal and there´s another companionship in our ward because the standard of the mission is to have 2 companionships per ward. It still gets pretty hot here, but it´s overcast a lot of the time. It´s already rained 3 or 4 times since I´ve been here! It´s really green here too like I was saying in the last email. I haven´t seen the ocean yet and I think we´re still pretty far from it. There´s a church building about 10 mins away from our apartment and it´s really nice and big. We live in a small apartment complex on a busy street with lots of stores. We´re right next to the market which is nice. In our complex there are several small apartments with a small common area in the middle with an open roof. We have some friendly neighbors that are fun to live next to. One of them is a pastor of another church.
My companion, Elder Delgado, has been out for a year and 3 months but I´m only his second American companion. He´s very obedient and is a good example to me. He and his companion left a couple of investigators from the last transfer, so we´re working a lot to find new investigators. But we had 3 investigators come to church for the first time yesterday which was great. For some reason it seems a lot easier to find new investigators here than in Caico. There are also a lot more families that live here.

We have one investigator who i´m pretty excited about. His name is Gutenberg, he´s 30 and he lives on his own. They met him on the street earlier this week before I got here and we started teaching him once I arrived. He understands things well and he asks good questions. He´s been reading the book of mormon too. He prayed about the things we were teaching him and told us about a dream he had that night that he took as an answer that they are true. He was at church yesterday and he liked it. We have talked to him a few times about baptism and he wants to be baptised once he feels prepared.

The members are really great here. We´ve already had a few members come out on visits with us. The ward seems to function pretty well, but i´ve heard it has problems too. The members have been very welcoming to me!  This area seems to have a lot of potential and I'm excited to see what we can do in these next few weeks.  I feel pretty adjusted to life here. It was hard to leave my first area after I was feeling pretty comfortable, but I´m starting to feel comfortable here too. It´s fun to live with other elders compared to just my companion and I.
Talk to you next week!

Love, Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment