Cidade do Sol: Week 1

Monday, January 26, 2015



Hey family!

By now I´ve gotten pretty used to adjusting to new areas. This one seems like a great area. It's actually the area next to Nova Natal so maybe I´ll see some of the same people that I saw back then. This might be my favorite apartment that i´ve lived in so far. It´s on the 3rd floor of  a 3-story building and it has a view of all of the north zone of Natal from the top. We´re the only people that live on our floor too so it´s nice to have some privacy. There are 4 of us in the house- two in each of the two apartment rooms. There´s a door that leads up to the roof of the building too, so I´ll have to take some pictures from there sometime.

No, this Elder Wilson is a different one. There are 3 of them in this mission and I´ve gotten to know each of them pretty well by now. This elder wilson is a lot of fun to be around. He has a good sense of humor and he likes to joke around with people. One of the hard parts of this transfer might be to speak english less so we can both improve on our portuguese. It will be a great transfer though because we seem to have a lot in common and work together well. The other companionship has 2 brazilians. 

Yes, I think it will be a blessing to have an american companion. I think we´ll be able to have more unity because we understand each other well and have a common background. When I think about it though, Elder Wilson´s background is a lot different than mine. He is a convert to the church and is the only member in his family. His parents are separated and he has 11 brothers and sisters (from different marriages). But he has been a great strong member and helped a lot of his friends get baptized in florida. He also served for a few months in the US.

I think I helped pass the sacrament 1 time. I´ve been to a couple of wards where adults have to bless and pass the sacrament because there aren´t enough young men. In some areas we would work with priests quite a bit, and I think we will in this ward too. Our mission has a standard for a number of lessons with a member, so we have to find a way to meet it. Yes, we´ve had referrals from investigators several times. And yes, we have weekly planners that we use all throughout the day.

This ward seems like a good ward because it has lots of youth. I´ve only seen a good amount of youth in one of the other wards i´ve been in. I was lucky when I came into this area because elder wilson and his last companion had already prepared some people to be baptized so we had a baptism right away. I´ll send some pictures.

Well I´ll end my email for this week, and I´ll let you know more about what´s going on in the area once I have a full week of work.  Thanks for your prayers, and I am praying for you all too.

Love you all!

Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment