Transfer: Parnamirim

Wednesday, December 10, 2014




Well i´m finally in an area that I think I´ll stay in for a while, but of course I never know for sure. I was transferred to the city Parnamirim in the Monte Castelo ward. Parnamirim is still near the capital, so it wasn´t a huge switch. There are three zones in the interior in this mission: Caico, Mossoro, and Sousa. And there are 5 zones near the capital. After I left Caico i´ve stayed near Natal where the mission headquarters is. My new companion is Elder Solorzano from Ecuador. I liked Cidade nova a lot, but I was expecting to leave so it wasn´t that hard. The ward was really strong there and the missionaries were having a lot of success. We had a baptism on sunday that went really well. His name is Dimitrio and he´s 19. It was fast and testimony meeting and he got up and bore his testimony before his baptism! Things were going well there for sure.
Some of you have been asking me what I eat here. A lot of the food is pretty normal but there are also a lot of things that the US doesn´t have. I eat a lot of cuscus for example. The members make a lot of it and it´s easy to make in the house. I also learned how to make tapioca this week. At members houses they always serve juice with lunch. The juice is  usually from fruits that I had never heard of before I came here like acerola, goiaba, maracuja, tamarindo, graviola, etc. They also have cashew juice here which is really good.
I live in a house with two other elders- one from texas and one from uruguay. I´m excited for the new transfer.

Thanks for all the letters and emails! Sorry that I don´t have very much time to respond to letters.

Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment