Nova Natal Week 8

Monday, November 10, 2014

Dear Family,

I´ll try to give you an update with how things are going now. Sorry that I haven´t been sending very many pictures. Honestly, there´s nothing too scenic here in my area, and I don´t like carrying around my camera very much with the risk of it getting stolen. Right now we have 2 Americans and 2 Brazilians living in our apartment. We are looking for a new apartment/ house right now because the one we´re in is really small and isn´t the best. The nice thing about it is that it´s so close to lots of stores. Last week our washing machine (which is pretty new) stopped working because of electrical problems. The bishop has been trying to fix it, but we might just have to get a new one. Washing clothes by hand isn´t that bad, but it just takes up a lot of time (which we don´t have). One of our neighbors bought a washing machine that we´ve been using though.
Elder Gomes is awesome. I´ve liked my other two companions, but he is easiest to work with.
The family (Lucas and Michelle) that I´ve told you about before is still doing really well. Their marriage is marked for December 13th in the church. It´s right after the transfer, so I hope I get to stay for it! Yesterday we had 5 investigators in church. None of them will be able to baptized very soon though.

Where do you go to read and write emails?
There is an internet place nearby which is really cheap to use.

Do your companions email their families, too?
Yes, except for my first companion. His parents aren´t members and they didn´t talk to him very often.

What is a typical Sunday like for you?
We leave the house early to bring our investigators to church. We stay for all three meetings. We usually have to help with the Sacrament because there are hardly any active young men in the ward. Right after church we have lunch at a member´s house. Sometimes we bring investigators to the other ward in the afternoon. After church we go out and work like usual, but we often go to members houses too.

I miss being home this time of year with Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc!

Have a great week! Love you all!

Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment