Nova Natal Week 4 - Baptism yesterday!

Monday, October 13, 2014


We had some great things happen last week! Especially yesterday- 6 investigators came to church and one of them was baptized. It was cool for me to see an investigator progress from our first visit with him all the way until baptism. His name is Gutenberg and he will be a firm member. He has already been to church and other activities several times. He´s starting to make good friends with people in the ward which is good. He was always a really solid investigator and I was excited to see him finally get baptized. I´ll attach a picture.

We were also blessed at the end of last week to find a great family. We had been working hard all day on Thursday but hadn´t had much success. It was hard for me to not get discouraged. But at the end of the day we went by the house of a lady we had talked to once. This time her husband was home and we gave them a short message. They had heard of the church and they had a cousin who used to be a member. They were receptive to our message, and they asked what they would have to do to become members. So we told them about baptism and they accepted. One problem is that they´re not officially married (lots of people here consider themselved married, but aren´t married legally- I think it´s mainly because of the cost). Luckly there´s a member in the ward that knows how to get couples married for free. But they are really interested and they came to church yesterday. They brought one of their three children and also came with a neighbor who we are teaching. The gospel principles class was full yesterday and one of the members did a great job teaching it. I´m happy right now with the progress we´re seeing and I can definitely feel that we´re being blessed. I´m working well together with my companion too. This week, one of the brazilian elders who we are living with got transfered unexpectedly out of are area because there were a couple of visa waiters that came into the mission. He was replaced with Elder Wilson who served in the Washington, Spokane mission for a year. It´s nice to finally be living with an American- not that the other missionaries aren´t great as well.

Thanks for always keeping me in your prayers! I´m liking my area a lot and the work is going well here.

Love, Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment