Rio Branco: Week 2

Monday, December 28, 2015

I loved the skype visit too. That´s good that you didn´t cry. We got back in safety late last night and today has been a busy day- so busy that the only time i´ve had to write all day is now. Yesterday Elder Tavares got a little trunky because there were buses going to recife at the bus station. I was thinking about how much had changed since the last call in may. It´s true that I´ve gotten to be more focused since then and I´ve improved in the language too. On last mother´s day I was still a junior companion and I had no idea that I would be here now. I am definitely having great experiences here and I am finding parts of my patriarchal blessing useful. I am learning lots and I hope that I can take full advantage of my last 5 months (wow, is that really only what´s left?). My first Christmas was a little harder when I thought about how great christmas was at home and how different it was here (in northeastern brazil and on the mission). But this year I was able to enjoy it a lot more because I was a lot more focused on the work. Well i´m looking forward to being able to spend a future christmas in Colorado! I hope christmas was great for you all. I had never realized that our family was so blessed until coming here. Christmas is much more of a normal day for most families here. Lots of the kids and youth here don´t get any christmas presents, or if they do just 1. Not that it´s sad for them because that´s what they´ve always been used to. Christmas isn´t as big of a tradition for some people here. But i´m so grateful to have been born into a family that not only has the gospel, but has conditions to be able to give a comfortable life to their kids. I´m also glad that our family always has reunions and spends lots of time together- both in our own home and with extended family.
But have a great new year´s week and a great time together!!! I love you all and I pray for you.


Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment