Pau dos Ferros: Week 6

Monday, June 29, 2015



The group leader had his friend bring in some horses to eat up the long grass/weeds in the small field on the side of our house
These are the bonfires that people made for the holiday
Thanks for all the pictures of the family reunion. That looks like an awesome place to stay. You know our family is getting big when you see that this reunion had family shirts! Haha. I bet the triple bunk room was pretty crazy.

I had another good week. We´re always hard at work here during the week, but we do have fun on pday. This week the four of us decided to start a missionary activity with the youth. We divided them up in pairs and assigned them to a district. My companionship is in charge of district 1 and the other is in charge for district 2. It´s a competition to see who can bring the most people to church or give us the most referrals. They are really liking it so far and we will continue it through july. We even took everyone´s picture and we´ll make a mission map.
This morning I went with E. Andrade and some young men in the ward to hike a nearby hill/mountain.

The members here are all great, and we are close to the youth. They all like to make visits with us. There have only been two days here when we haven´t had lunch in someone´s house which has been a blessing. There are even a couple of nonmembers (parents of members) that make lunch for us.

This has been a great transfer and I hope that I don´t get transferred this soon. I hope that my companion stays too, but we never know what will happen. I think Elder Findling and I will try to do some sort of celebration for the 4th of july. This week and last week there have been some celebrations for the São João holiday. The tradition is that everyone makes a bonfire in front of their house. Some of the streets were lined with fires which was pretty cool to see.

Have a great week and happy 4th of july to all of you!
Elder Church

No comments:

Post a Comment